Laminated glass is a form of safety glass whereby an interlayer is inserted between two or more panes of glass. The safety feature of the product is created by the bond and strength of the interlayer. The interlayer holds the entire glass pane together and, if broken, minimizes the likelihood of an object passing through the glass.
Many applications require laminated safety glass when toughened safety glass is not sufficient. Overhead and sloped glazing are two such examples. There is a growing requirement for laminated glass to be used in balcony and railing applications where ©DuPont Sentry Guard PVB is the choice of PVB interlayer for product structural integrity. Laminated glass in doors and windows is also used to increase burglar resistance and is often required in climates where cyclone/hurricane resistance building codes apply.
Due to the variety in the types and colours of interlayers available today, laminated glass is being widely used in interior and exterior applications. Laminated glass typically satisfies building codes but also adds a vast selection of options for decorative aesthetics. Not only will laminated interlayers help control the passage of UV light into an interior space, but they can also minimize sound transmission and customize the level of visible light transmittance.
Glass Market Limited offers a variety of different interlayer types to suit various project needs. We offer custom autoclave laminated products, using both annealed and heat-treated glass substrates, as well as stock sheets for customers with cutting capability.
- Noise Control – Glass Market Limited can supply laminated safety glazing materials incorporating an acoustic interlayer.
- UV Elimination - Glass Market Limited can supply laminated safety glazing materials incorporating PVB interlayer which, may eliminate up to 99% of ultraviolet radiation.
- Solar Control & Thermal Insulation - Glass Market Limited can supply laminated safety glazing materials incorporating tinted glass or coloured PVB interlayers and coated performance glass such as hard coated Low E. Glass Market Limited laminated glass configurations can offer an elevated level of solar control and thermal insulation to conform to your specification requirements.
- Colour - translucent white interlayers along with a range of coloured PVB interlayers.
- Maximum glass size: 8000mm x 2440mm
- Standard glass thickness range: 5.38mm....16.38mm
- Nonstandard glass thickness range, please discuss your requirements with Glass Market Limited
- PVB standard interlayer thickness: 0.38mm, 0.76mm, 1.52mm. (Clear and coloured)
- Structural PVB interlayer thickness: 0.89mm, 1.52mm and 2.28mm (©DuPont Sentry Guard Plus)
- Sound Performance Data: